27 Apr 2024
Community
Art Expat Traditions Festivals Festivals Movies Music Shopping What's on: Stockholm

WHAT’S ON STOCKHOLM: March 2020

Hello March, we’ve been waiting for you! Always hoping that this month will bring the blooming of an anticipated spring, lots of events and happenings lining up to take us into bright rides of joy and expectation. Here’s a round up of hand-picked events and experiences for you to glide into spring in style. SEASONAL […]

Read More
Tourist Information

Accommodation Options for a 1-Week Stay in Stockholm

If you’re a long-term resident of Stockholm, you know that the apartment rental market here is very tough. Over 2 million residents are living in the greater Stockholm area, but there are only 924,000 housing units available. This makes the housing situation quite unfavorable for expats looking for a place to stay, even if only […]

Read More
Expat Support Featured Parenting Pregnancy & Baby Services

Why a Doula is a Must for Birthing Abroad

Having moved from the UK to The Netherlands at the age of 22 with no job, nowhere to live, and a partner who’d never even visited the place, I figured that moving to Sweden thirteen years later would be easy. Sure, I didn’t speak much of the language, but I could understand some, and yes, […]

Read More
Community Family Activities Featured Football

Soccer Starz – A football school for kids

Soccer Starz is a football course for kids ages 2 to 6 years old which is ran in English, by professional, friendly and fun coaches. As a father of two dual nationality children, me and my wife looked into the possible courses which we could send them to. We found that no courses were ran […]

Read More
Featured Tourist Information What's on: Stockholm

WHAT’S ON STOCKHOLM: February 2020

January felt so long we are glad it’s finally over to give way to February’s new opportunities. The city’s buzz and life are slowly starting to return after its winter hibernation and post-holidays empty-pocket days. So with this month’s new hopes come lots of events and happenings and you don’t need to go anywhere else […]

Read More
Dating Expat Dating Lifestyle

Swedish Valentine’s Vocabulary: Petnames

It IS Valentine’s Day “Alla Hjärtans Dag”. And you’re in Sweden. So what are the Swedish equivalents of honey, doodley-bear, and schmuck-ums? YLC has your ultimate guide to sweet-talk, Swedish style. Älskling From “älska”, to love. Equivalent to darling, honey. One of the most common terms of endearment in Swedish. But if you haven’t made […]

Read More
Community Dating Expat Dating Featured Swedish Culture

Valentine’s Day In Stockholm

Are you in love and in Stockholm? Do you want to do something special with your significant other on Valentine’s Day, aka Alla Hjärtans Dag? We have listed a bunch of things and places you both can enjoy to infuse yourself in the romantic vibes the city has to offer. But before we continue, you […]

Read More
Culture Festivals Music News Swedish Culture

Melodifestivalen 2020 – Get ready for Heat 1

It’s that time of the year again… Can you believe we are already at the start of the Mello season? The music extravaganza is attracting something like three million Swedes every Saturday for the next six weeks, benched in front of their TVs with the whole family, or putting on fun schlager parties with their […]

Read More
Cooking Expat Cookbook Featured

Expat Cookbook: Spiced Up Chipotle Salmon

Spice up any date, any day of the week, any occasion with this easy to cook spiced up chipotle salmon. The Mexican in me almost rules out the possibility of having any kind of fish dish without a hint or a load some of chilli. However the predominant smoky flavour of the chipotle over its […]

Read More
Getting Around Tourist Information Your New City

Congestion Charges in Stockholm: Does it Work to Improve Air Quality?

There was a time when the air quality in Stockholm was the same as the one registered in Beijing. Air pollution in Sweden’s capital comes primarily from vehicular traffic. It is also caused by weather conditions and pollution coming from neighboring countries. As part of its sustainable environment program, Stockholm introduced several measures to reduce the presence of […]

Read More