6 May 2024
Community
Community Expat Cookbook Uncategorized

Easter Treat: Persian Lamb Meatball Stew

Easter is a time Swedes reveal the agrarian strain raised on meat and turnips running through their secular self-image: often celebrating the festive occasion in the countryside by including a traditional dinner of roast lamb with potato gratin and asparagus, or some other suitable side dish. Yet the custom of eating lamb over Easter around […]

Read More
Community

In Pictures: Stockholm showing the Love

After the terror attack, the people of Stockholm have taken to the streets to offer their condolences for the victims and show their appreciation for the police. On Sunday the Stockholmers came out in thousands and thousands to reclaim Drottninggatan and gather for a manifestation on Sergels Torg to show that love is so much […]

Read More
Culture Swedish Culture What's on: Stockholm

Out-Of-The-Box: Young Swedish Design

What gets crafted when Sweden’s young designers are given the license to dare to believe in their ideas and to play with, create from and explore them freely, where implementation is without any consideration for adaptation to market needs? “Young Swedish Design” showcases 20 such contributions in areas as divergent as product design, textiles, fashion, […]

Read More
Camera Diaries with Karen Uncategorized

Camera Diaries with Karen – Shooting fashion

Stockholm Fashion Week took place last month, bringing the catwalks to different locations around the city as stages to exhibit the garments, the trends, the creations and other fashionable objects of desire. As a fashion lover myself, I couldn’t be more thrilled when I got the opportunity to choose which fashion shows to attend and photograph in order to […]

Read More
Community Expat Traditions Featured

Stockholm St Patrick’s Day Parade 2017

We had the chance to attend the Stockholm St. Patrick’s Day parade once again this year, and enjoyed our Irish friends bringing their green cheer to the city along with some nice spring weather. The route took the parade from Humlegården past Kungsträdgården into Gamla Stan, where the day continued with entertainment from the Blarney Pilgrims, […]

Read More
Community Finding a Job Networking Volunteering What's on: Stockholm Work & Money

Join the Your Living City Stockholm Team

Are you a budding writer? Got it and want to flaunt it? Your Living City is looking for Stockholm’s most FABULOUS contributors – and we mean YOU!

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook

Expat Cookbook: Banana Crepes with Berry Caramel Jus

When I wish to convey how much I cherish my husband, I whip up a breakfast that satisfies his fondness for crepes and bananas; generously lacing the dish with a loving touch of my own culinary magic – an extra special silky smooth berry caramel jus made even more decadent with lavish sprinklings of crunchy […]

Read More
Community Education Essentials Expat Support Family Lifestyle Parenting Preschool

Inskolning Diary – day 3

Finally, day 3 … I was exhausted, I knew she was exhausted. But, we didn’t get a phone call (big plus)… …I’ve just dropped S off at förskola to spend the first day on her own. I didn’t even get a wave goodbye! She ran straight into the room waving to everyone. So much for that […]

Read More
Community Education Essentials Expat Support Family Family Activities Parenting Preschool

Inskolning Diary – day 2

Day 2 of our inskolning experience meant that M was stepping up to the plate. Bit of a shocker… …it’s day 1 except everyone apart from me knows exactly what is going on. That is how it felt as we didn’t even know where to put S’s shoes and jacket as we arrived. But luckily […]

Read More
Community Extraordinary Expats Videos

Your Living City Role Models: Italian chef Giovanni

Giovanni is an Italian chef who has brought tastes of Sicily and Milano to the Scandinavian capital. He arrived with big dreams to Sweden and overcame many obstacles, until he became the owner of his own restaurant. This is his story!

Read More