6 May 2024
Community
Education Essentials Expat Support Family Parenting Preschool

Inskolning Diary – day 1

It’s coming up for that time of year again! The new round of inskolning starts at förskolas all over Stockholm. If you don’t know what that is, well, you are in for a treat! Before S started her inskolning experience, M and I decided to keep a diary of the 3 days we spent at […]

Read More
Music Swedish Culture

Melodifestivalen 2017 – Your Guide to the Grand Final

The Swedes take their Melodifestivalen seriously, the six week music entertainment bonanza is so much more than just the national Eurovision qualifications. Around three and a half million Swedes are expected to be watching the finals on Saturday, and breaking records in the number of votes given.  This year the playing field looks very even […]

Read More
Camera Diaries with Karen Uncategorized

Camera Diaries with Karen – Hairstylists in portraits

In this edition of Camera Diaries I want to share with you the experience and some “behind the cameras” of shooting a team of excellent hairstylists. They’re part of the crew of Chukro Maddafakka studio, located in the heart of Östermalm, and they’re in charge of styling the looks and dreams of Stockholmers every day. I was […]

Read More
Culture Lifestyle Swedish Culture What's on: Stockholm

Josef Frank’s Against Design – Inspirational To This Day

After a resoundingly successful run at Vienna’s Austrian Museum of Applied Arts/Contemporary Art early last year, ArkDes – the Architecture and Design Center – has brought “Josef Frank: Against Design” to exhibit back in Stockholm. The most comprehensive exhibition ever on the world-famous architect and designer, it shows the breadth of Frank’s diverse production – […]

Read More
Community Family

Baby Talk: Play the Game

Mercifully the light of Spring is upon us and everything feels easier and lighter although it really isn’t.  Compounded sleep deprivation coupled with a baby that keeps changing the game on you, will do wonders for your creativity. I’ve learned 50 new stories to tell from the same book, new uses for the same old […]

Read More
Comedy Extraordinary Expats Videos

Comedian Al Pitcher on making people laugh

We bring you the second part of our interview with Stockholm-based stand-up comedian Al Pitcher, who we met for a great chat to talk about his comedy career and his life in Sweden. You may have recently seen Al in his laugh-fest of a one-hour SVT special called “Fy Fan Sverige”, which is still available to […]

Read More
Community

Stockholm survey – Are standard disabled public toilets usable by everyone who needs to use them?

Your Living City is always committed to the Swedish society and supporting the concerns of its members. That’s why, we would like to extend our platform to support Anna Olsson and Theresa Moldram, two students in their final term at Karolinska Institute who are researching the practicality of standard disabled public toilets to determine if they’re usable by everyone who needs […]

Read More
Children's Items Clothing Expat Support Family Parenting

Winter Gear in Sweden for Kids

I have never, ever, ever felt this cold… I thought I was a seasoned pro-skier but still I have NEVER felt cold like I have in the last couple of weeks in Stockholm. So, as you can imagine, my ritual ‘is she too hot, is she too cold’ dance has become twice as agitated as it […]

Read More
Comedy Extraordinary Expats Videos

Comedian Al Pitcher on life in Sweden

We bring you the first part of our interview with Stockholm-based comedian Al Pitcher! We had the opportunity to sit down and have a chat with stand-up comedian Al Pitcher at an atmospheric hotel bar with 1920s swing music playing in the background and setting the mood. Never mind that it was 9 am on […]

Read More
Expat Support Family Family Activities Health Parenting Pregnancy & Baby

Fab VAB

It’s FEBRUARY!! Or, as parents in Sweden like to call it, VABruary… This month has honestly put me off having more children. Like an annual contraceptive. I can’t stand it, I’m moving to Antigua next February. Today is day ten of illness in our home and I’m freaking out that this is it, we’re in a spiral of sickness for the rest […]

Read More