6 May 2024
Community
Culture Lifestyle Swedish Culture

Cookbooks For Swedish Food & Drink Aficionados

The pure joy of having the opportunity of living in Sweden for a couple of years is irrevocably tied to the world’s current fascination with Scandinavian food trends – from dishes rooted in centuries of traditions to the ever evolving new Nordic flavours and textures. There is nothing more heart warming than indulging on a […]

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook

Party Treat: Goan Curry Surf & Turf

Christmas is about peace and goodwill to all mankind. So throw a party, invite the friends you have made in Stockholm from far and near. There is no better time to spread the yuletide cheer… … and no better way to start the bash than with finger food that reflects your celebration of multicultural harmony […]

Read More
Clothing Community Fashion & Beauty Lifestyle Services Videos

Your Living City Role Models: Kungsateljé

Kungsateljé is a tailoring service from Stockholm that is taking the concept of modifying and preparing your clothes to a new level of fashion consultancy and style solutions. Meet Said and Sam, the talent and soul of Kungsateljé, two role models who came to Sweden to mix tailoring traditions with innovation and are forging great […]

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook Uncategorized

Expat Cookbook: Spiced Lobster Soufflé

When I plan a dinner for friends with sophisticated palates decidedly fond of the king of crustaceans, I dust this recipe out of my treasure trove of time-tested dishes bearing my signature twists and fusions to serve as a winning appetizer for five, for the complex depth of flavours embedded within this soufflé’s deceptively light […]

Read More
Community Lifestyle Movies

Getting our Nerd on at Comic Con

Comic Con is the place to be for all of us who like nerding over stuff like comics, superheroes, movies, TV series, gaming, fandom and cosplay. The Stockholm Comic Con was once again held at Kistamässan on the first weekend of November, and the event drew a large crowd, many of them all dressed up for […]

Read More
Community Culture Expat Traditions Family Activities Videos

Día de Muertos – Day of the Dead festivities at Etnografiska

The Mexican Day of the Dead comes back to Etnografiska Museet for its annual celebration. The Mexican Society in Sweden together with Etnografiska bring us these traditions, that combine the remembrance of the departed with music, performances and colour. They have set up an altar with offerings dedicated to Juan Gabriel, one of Latin America’s biggest selling singers/composers, […]

Read More
Community Religion Swedish Culture

Alla helgons dag – All Saints’ Day

Dark, dark, dark, rain rain dark and ho, what do you know…snow! Ok so November is not my favorite month. There is however a reason why the eleventh month of the year does not completely suck. Whether you call it Halloween and dress up as a pumpkin, or Dia de muertos and decorate an altar […]

Read More
Community Finding a Job Networking Work & Money

Andreas Wennberg helps newcomers in their quest for a job in Sweden

I had the opportunity to contact Andreas, a man who dreams about making the world a better place. But dreaming is not helping anyone to achieve what you want, so he launched a startup where he was the one to seek for funding, involved in the marketing, web development and so on. But let’s take a […]

Read More
Community Culture Expat Traditions What's on: Stockholm

Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) – when the dead meet the living

It’s almost like a trend now. We see references everywhere to the Mexican Day of the Dead; in Halloween costumes with skull face-paint better known in Mexico as ¨Catrinas¨, but also in Hollywood films like the latest James Bond movie, Spectre, 2015, where the opening sequence shows a Day of the Dead parade in Mexico City. […]

Read More
Community Family Pregnancy & Baby

Baby Talk: The First of Many Top 10 Lists

Baby Talk: The Top 10 Things I’ve Learned since becoming a Mom In no particular order Always shop around.  Try to withstand the appeal of beautifully laid-out baby shops and look online as well.  Gently used second-hand products can be found on Facebook – use the search function to find groups or pages.  The closed […]

Read More