29 Mar 2024
Community
Expat Support General Counselling Health Mental health

Don’t pack your guilt

This is the time of year that many global nomads head home to their families. With expectations high on both sides, these visits can be a mixture of heaven and hell. Almost all expatriates feel some measure of guilt about the impact their life choices have on those who love and miss them ‘back home’. […]

Read More
Art Creative Arts Culture Galleries Networking

Exploring Sweet Delights: Vladimir Vallejos’ “My Sweet Friends” Collection at Charity Art Expo

The upcoming Charity Art Expo on Saturday, May 18, 2024, at Sergel Hub in Stockholm is set to host an extraordinary new collection by the talented artist Vladimir Vallejos. His latest series, titled “My Sweet Friends,” offers a delightful fusion of creativity, sweetness, and the charm of Pokémon. Vallejos, when asked about his new collection, […]

Read More
Café Culture Community Culture Tourist Information

Exploring the New 19th Century-Inspired Café in Gamla Stan

Gamla Stan has unveiled a new gem that transports us to traditional 19th-century Sweden: Augustas Folksalong. This charming café promises to offer its visitors a unique experience, inspired by the tradition and charm of that bygone era. A Period Ambiance in Every Corner With a large bay window and wooden tables, Augustas Folksalong creates a […]

Read More
Expat Traditions Shopping What's on: Stockholm

YLC’s Christmas Market Picks

With the days getting colder and darker, it’s the perfect time for some glögg and festive cheer from one of the many Christmas markets going on in Stockholm. While the crowds head to the well-known markets at Skansen and Gamla Stan during November and December, we’ve chosen our picks of other wonderful Christmas markets you might […]

Read More
Art Community Culture Lifestyle Networking Networking

Charity Art Expo (CAE): A Celebration of Creativity and Philanthropy

⚜️ CAE is more than an art exhibition; it’s a grand celebration of creativity and charity, all in support of WWF. This upcoming event, scheduled to unfold at Sergel Hub, promises to be an extraordinary convergence of artistic brilliance and social responsibility. Reserve your entrance tickets today, here: TICKETMASTER Event Highlights: ⚜️ Your Presence Matters: […]

Read More
Community Culture Movies

Preserving Cinematic Heritage: Join Forces with Ethan and Maya Hawke to save Skandia Theatre!

Photos by Joar Vestergren Step into the enchanting world of Skandia Theatre, a century-old cinematic gem nestled in the heart of Stockholm on Drottninggatan. This iconic venue, which has been a beacon for film lovers for over 30 years, is now facing the threat of closure. The Stockholm International Film Festival, along with Hollywood stars […]

Read More
Community Expat Support Health Mental health

Holding it lightly

Lately I have found myself comparing the process of an international relocation to that of childbirth. You forget how intensive it is and how much it hurts. And so, months or years later you merrily embark on the adventure again. I’m sitting in my car outside yet another apartment, waiting to go in for a […]

Read More
Community Cooking Cooking Lifestyle Wine

Sthlm Food & Wine Fair: A Gastronomic Extravaganza

This weekend marked a culinary fiesta at the Sthlm Food & Wine Fair—a unique experience day where new flavors took center stage. Enthusiasts from near and far gathered for a delectable journey featuring wine and food tastings, inspiration from renowned chefs, champagne extravaganzas, mouthwatering pastries and chocolates, irresistible street food, an array of beers, spirits, […]

Read More
Community Culture

Cosplayers unite at Comic Con Stockholm

Comic Con Stockholm brings together enthusiasts from various different types of fandoms and cosplayers really are at the heart of creating the whole experience. The popularity of cosplay seems to increase year by year and there are more and more individuals donning elaborate costumes, which have been meticulouslyy crafted to pay homage to their favorite […]

Read More
Community Expat Traditions

No Stockholm Halloween without Shockholm

Shockholm was back in Kungsträdgården for the 13th edition of Scandinavia’s biggest Halloween parade. The weather may have offered your typical November gloom and darkness, but the Halloween spectacle offered light and joy that brought smiles to the children’s faces. Here are some of our pictures from the Shockholm stage show and costume contest Swords […]

Read More