More comfort food coming up with filled paprika, a recipe which is a frequent dinner in our little family as it’s easy to make and relatively quick.
You can learn more about the authors of this recipe, Nina and Jackie, from our Extraordinary Expats feature on them!
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
250 g organic minced beef
1/2 small zucchini, cubed
75 g (1/2 c) feta cheese, cubed
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Black pepper to taste
4 small red paprika
300 g (1 c) tomato pasta sauce (ready-made or try our sugar-free homemade tomato sauce)
2 tbsp parmesan, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and gently fry until transparent, add minced meat and fry until light brown.
3. Add zucchini and cook on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
4. Take pan off the heat, add feta cheese and parsley. Add black pepper to taste and stir.
5. Cut tops off red peppers, remove seeds inside with a spoon.
6. Pour tomato sauce in the bottom of a small oven-proof dish.
7. Stuff peppers with the beef mixture and place them on top of the tomato sauce. Top each one with grated parmesan.
8. Bake for 20 minutes and serve on their own or with rice, couscous, quinoa or bulgur.
Preparation: 5 min | Cooking time: 35 min | Servings: 4
Red and yellow paprikas are much sweeter in taste than the green kind. Use the type you like best, or mix and match for a colorful result! You can vary the spices and herbs used in the stuffing to make your own favorite version – try using half a de-seeded red chili, finely chopped, for a more fiery mince mix, or add sweet paprika powder, fresh basil, coriander or thyme. Serve the paprika on their own or with a side of rice, couscous, quinoa or bulgur.
Like this recipe? Visit Jackie and Nina’s wonderful site, www.littlefoodies.se for more!