Spice up any date, any day of the week, any occasion with this easy to cook spiced up chipotle salmon.
The Mexican in me almost rules out the possibility of having any kind of fish dish without a hint or a load some of chilli. However the predominant smoky flavour of the chipotle over its spiciness, makes this recipe perfect also for the sensitive palates, as it’s not hot but rather savoury and provocatively spiced.
As a side dish you can have some oven baked sliced potatoes with sprinkled chilli flakes, salt and pepper and a salad, or substitute those potatoes for a healthy portion of red quinoa and down all this with a nice cold Mexican lager or a dry and bittersweet glass of white wine. My mouth is watering already, so let’s get to it.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
750 g fresh raw salmon
4 tbsp chipotle paste
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp Provencal blend (you can also use fine herbs)
1 lime – juice
Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250°C
- Place the raw salmon on an ovenproof dish with the skin down and generously season it with cracked black pepper and salt. If the salmon comes without the skin then spread a little olive oil on the ovenproof dish before placing the salmon on, this is to avoid it from sticking onto the dish.
- Press the garlic on top of the salmon using a garlic press.
- Sprinkle the Provencal blend or fine herbs all over the salmon.
- Using a spoon, spread the chipotle paste all over the salmon.
- Squeeze the lime on top of the salmon and all the other ingredients.
- Put the salmon in the oven and let it bake for 20 minutes, check it from time to time and remove when the salmon has turned pale throughout.
- Serve with your selection of sides and ENJOY!