18 May 2024
Community
Community Culture Expat Traditions What's on: Stockholm

What’s shocking in Stockholm? Shockholm 2014

What do you do when you move country and you really miss something from home? Well, you introduce it to your new country of course. That’s what Bill Schacht did with Halloween, he created Shockholm – Sandinavia’s largest Halloween parade.

Read More
Health Parenting

Dwarfism and moving to Stockholm

“Why Sweden?” – This is usually the very first question anyone ever asks me when they find out that I’m Scottish and my fiancé is also Scottish. It seems like moving to Sweden without having a Swedish partner or job is not the normal thing. I find this a confusing attitude, I mean, why not?

Read More
Culture Swedish Culture

YLC’s Top Picks: Swedish Rom-Coms

When you think of Swedish film, chances are you think of Lisbeth Salander, young vampires and chess games with death. Well, believe it or not, Swedes can be romantic and cheesy too. Check our fab five list of Swedish romantic comedies.

Read More
Books Community

Stockholm Reads: Study English through Literature

Looking to challenge and improve your English skills in a fun, social setting? Well look no further! This autumn, sign up for English Literature in Stockholm! The concept behind the class is simple: once you have the basics of the language in hand, what better way to take it to the next level than by […]

Read More
Networking

The List: Top 5 Co-Working Spaces in Stockholm

YLC’s Danny Chapman gives us the lowdown on the top five places to find likeminded professionals and networks!

Read More
Community Education Family Preschool

Stockholm Parents: Back to Work, Off to School

Heading back to work? Sending the kids to preschool? Savvy Stockholm parents give us their top tips!

Read More
Community Essentials Housing Lifestyle Tourist Information

Exploring the City: Stockholm’s neighbourhoods

Stockholm, the Venice of the north, is a mosaic of unique areas and districts. Don’t miss the YLC guide to the areas that make up our cosmopolitan city.

Read More
Family Activities Tourist Information What's on: Stockholm

Summer Stockholm: Four Fab Daytrips

Do you live in Stockholm and want to get away – but not really get away? Are you visiting Stockholm and looking to experience more than what the confines of the Baltic gem have to offer? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then it might be time for you to take […]

Read More
Art Swedish Culture Tourist Information What's on: Stockholm

No Man’s an Island: Artipelag

The Artipelag exhibition “No Man Is An Island” explores the complex relationship between human beings and the Stockholm archipelago. YLC’s Carmen Price decided to check it out. Summer forays into the velvety blue waters of the Stockholm archipelago are not as common as you might think. Despite widespread belief in the popular 1960s cliché of the […]

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook Swedish Culture

The Best Kanelbulle Recipe EVER

Summer is here and the time of picnics is upon us. What better to bring with you to the beach or the park than a basket full of delectable cinnamon buns?

Read More