18 May 2024
Community
Community Culture Theatre What's on: Stockholm

Irish Drama in Stockholm

The Stockholm-based Irish drama group Spuds and Sill have been putting on plays since 2010 and are now presenting their latest offering called Another Peace on the 17th and 18th of April. The Spuds and Sill drama group is part of the Swedish Irish Society. So there are naturally quite a bit of Irish people […]

Read More
Community Culture Expat Traditions

In Pictures: St. Patrick’s Parade

The sun has finally come and it came bringing joy – or so it appeared on Sunday as we walked along with the St. Patrick’s parade, organised by the Swedish-Irish Society. A wave of green flooded the streets of Stockholm departing from Humlegården and all the way to Kornhamnstorg  in Gamla Stan, in the shape […]

Read More
Community Culture Videos What's on: Stockholm

Video Interview: American Comedian Ryan Bussell

Sweden-hating Doyle (who looks deceivingly like Your Living City‘s own Joel Sherwood) interviews American comedian Ryan Bussell, host of a show on Monday nights in Stockholm this spring called Crossfire Comedy Club. The interview does not seem to go too well,  we are not completely sure if we should let this Doyle person do any more […]

Read More
Sports and Fitness Swedish Culture

Reindeer-racing baseball hero

Baseball isn’t big in Sweden. There are people like me who accept this fate, and there are people like Trevor Rooper who head to the arctic and race reindeer in the name of the game. Rooper rode in the annual reindeer races last week way up north in Jokkmokk. He’s an American living in Sweden, and the head coach of the Stockholm Monarchs baseball team. […]

Read More
Community Creative Arts Design Family Family Activities Lifestyle Pregnancy & Baby What's on: Kids

Spotlight On Catie Rix Photography

Hi, My name is Catie and I’m a recent addition to the Your Living City: Stockholm team and also the face behind the name, Catie Rix Photography.

Read More
Bars, Pubs & Clubs Community Culture Dining out Featured Lifestyle Spanish / Tapas Your New City

YLC Review: España Aqui Tapas Bar

Pour yourself a glass of sangria, expand your cultural horizons and try some tapas in Stockholm tonight!

Read More
Community Culture Essentials Expat Traditions Lifestyle Swedish Culture

How to Beat the Post-Christmas Blues

Feeling a little blue? Have no fear! We’ve come to the rescue with a fool-proof guide to beating seasonal depression.

Read More
Community

A Teacher Reflects on the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize

“I am still a child. I am learning… If I remain a child, I remain a student.” Those are the wise words of Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi. They were on display at the Nobel Peace Center’s exhibit Malala and Kailash in Oslo…

Read More
Extraordinary Expats

Extraordinary Expats: Barbara Jackson

Just shy of her 30th birthday, American-born Barbara Jackson has gone from high-flying, high-achieving corporate player to a woman dedicated to promoting change.

Read More
Community Culture Music What's on: Stockholm

YLC Review: Necromonkey

Progressive is a concept hard to define because it has been attached by numerous influences.

Read More