6 May 2024
Community
Culture Swedish Culture Uncategorized What's on: Stockholm

November’s Art Inspirations

We continue to use the fascinating theme of Swedish-based artists and their art in determining November’s selection of exhibitions. This time with a focus on the myriad range of mediums, techniques and points of inspiration employed, along with the messages they endeavour to communicate. And hopefully, these in turn will inspire many of you to […]

Read More
Community Networking Networking Work & Money

Interview: Marie Wetterstrand, coach and mentor

Marie Wetterstrand says she’s working with people who would like to be the best version of themselves. Her work through her own company covers areas like coaching, mentoring and leadership development. We talked with her about her insights into personal development. Marie explains she can for example help people with questions like I am not happy in my […]

Read More
Community Health

FIGHTING S.A.D

Whether we like it or not, summer ended and autumn is here.  Autumn is actually not that bad when you think about it, it’s all about brown and orange leaves, pumpkins, spices and hot chocolate (with marshmallows)! However, with the colder weather and the lack of light it is important to listen to your body and […]

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook

Expat Cookbook: Cheat’s Duck Confit With Tangerine, Chickpeas & Asian Greens

A romantic dinner for two at home deserves a special mains that is easy to prepare while adding to the intimate mood of the occasion. This brings instantaneously to mind the ever-delectable French favourite – duck confit – with skin crisped to perfection… …but without its usual heavy intense gravy and equally rich side of […]

Read More
Community Moving to Sweden Swedish Culture

The pursuit of the Swedish friend

I moved to Sweden 2009. That makes 7 years ago and yet, the other day, I caught myself saying to my friend Mikaela, “I think you are my first real Swedish girlfriend”. How weird is that? I did the math and after 7 years I can account for 3 real Swedish people that I would […]

Read More
Comedy Movies Music Swedish Culture

Unmissable TV this autumn

Autumn is here and whether we want it or not we become a little bit more comfortable staying at home and cozying up on our sofas enjoying a good film or a good tv show. And some of Sweden’s biggest TV channels know it! We had a chance to have a sneak peek on what […]

Read More
Expat Cookbook

Expat Cookbook: A Lasagna Worth Making

Any true-blooded Italian man claims his mamma’s beef lasagna is second to none. Those who have tried my 4-hour labour of love reluctantly admit it is second to only their madre’s, cheekily adding it is their duty to say so. And over the years, I have been asked by a few women married to Italians […]

Read More
Community Cricket Sports and Fitness

European Cricket Championship matches in Stockholm

On the 17th-20th August the Swedish Cricket Federation and the City of Stockholm are hosting the 2016 World Cricket League Division II Europe, which means the European Cricket Championships in Sweden’s division. This is the first time an official outdoor cricket championship will be played in Sweden. “It is fantastic that the International Cricket Council has […]

Read More
Community What's on: Stockholm

Pokémon hunters take over Kungsan

No one can have missed the Pokémon GO craze over the past few weeks. The game gets the kids (and grown-ups) outdoors and moving, so what’s not to like? It also brings people together, like for the Pokefest event at Kungsträdgården on the 8th of August. Hundreds and hundreds of people flocked around the park […]

Read More
Community Culture Expat Cookbook Featured Lifestyle Swedish Culture What's on: Stockholm

A Smörgåsbord Indulgence This Summer

This Scandinavian summer go native by indulging in the smorgasbord – a Swedish gastronomical buffet tradition also enjoyed during Christmas and special occasions and celebrations like a birthday or silver wedding anniversary. Relish in the wide array of hot and cold hors d’oeuvres served in five rounds; with this sequential structure first introduced by the […]

Read More