27 Apr 2024
Community
Community Expat Traditions

Pimp My House – Halloween Edition

The time of silly decoration and just having fun finally has arrived, and that is why I go as extreme as possible when it comes to decorating for Halloween. And guess what? I think by doing this I finally discovered the secret of getting some expressions on the Swedish faces that walk past my place. […]

Read More
Community

Stockholm Moves Towards Sustainability

Stockholm is on a mission to go green. Sweden’s capital has taken the challenge very seriously and has launched a number of initiatives aimed at making the city more environmentally friendly. In 2010, the city was designated European Green Capital by the EU Commission. Now known as one of the EU’s lighthouse cities, Stockholm has […]

Read More
Extraordinary Expats Featured Tourist Information Videos Your New City

Stockholm Moves – The Scandinavian Capital Through a Filmmaker’s Cinematic Eye

Film director and photographer Alex Soloviev pays homage to our capital city in his video Stockholm Moves. A wonderful and dreamy 3-minute ride across the city’s streets and alleys, it’s people, it’s waters and its parks, the bright lights, the shaded corners, its voices and even some rain. Prepare to experience Stockholm like you’ve never seen it […]

Read More
Culture Sports and Fitness Tourist Information Travel

When In Stockholm, Dive the Archipelago

When you think about Stockholm, chances are The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is one of the first things that come to mind. While Stieg Larsson’s trilogy books may have boosted tourism to the Swedish capital, the city has a lot more to offer locals and visitors alike. Popular attractions such as Fotografiska and the Stockholm […]

Read More
Community

Michael Tellinger – an inspirational voice

Most of the people are hoping for a harmonic world where everyone is helping and supporting each other. How can this dream become reality? Michael Tellinger, the South African scientist, author, researcher, explorer, humanitarian-activist travels around the word and shares his knowledge. His visit to Stockholm in September 2018 brought a handful of people together […]

Read More
Community

First-time voter’s view on polarization in society

Sweden’s parliamentary election produced a gridlock and the campaign leading up to it seems to have increased divisiveness and polarization in the society. All of this made first-time voter Rafi Uddin send us this comment:    We are currently living in a very polarized debate climate. Many groupings have been formed in our society, with […]

Read More
Community Creative Arts Fashion & Beauty Videos

From LGBTQ protest signs to everyday wear

“I am your worst fear I am your best fantasy” is a fashion design and visual communications project created by young artist Fredrika Frykstrand. In a video interview with Your Living City she talks about the concept and motivations that took her to dig into the archives of LGBTQ protest signs and imagery from the […]

Read More
Art Camera Diaries with Karen Community Creative Arts Extraordinary Expats Galleries

Your Living City’s favourite Stockholm photos

At Your Living City Stockholm we keep a finger on the pulse of the city’s heartbeat, bringing you the best that Stockholm has to offer, today we would like to bring you some of our favourite views of the Scandinavian capital, created by Stockholm-based photographer and artist Karen Pérez Guzmán. Karen also goes under the […]

Read More
Community Parenting

Hoping and coping with cancer – the story of Helene Rennervik

It is a true revelation every time I get the chance to meet people and listen to their life stories. Everyone has been struggling in life, some more, some less. Life doesn’t spare anyone, not even the children. What’s the meaning of it? Who knows the answer? What’s sure is that there are only two ways […]

Read More
Community Cooking Expat Cookbook

Summer Party Treat: Spicy Chicken Arancini

Marrying a love for Chinese fried rice with the Italian passion for turning left over risotto into yummylicious arancini minus the worry of deep-frying induced heart burn yields a refreshingly different finger food that hits all the right aromatic and taste bud tingling notes… …Perfect for summer partying in Stockholm!   Ingredients: ½ cup arborio […]

Read More