Sweden + cold & dark wintery months = Thailand getaway? Not necessarily! If you want a more unconventional and rewardingly warm and sunny escape/holiday, the United Arab Emirates are the ultimate option. An emerging tourist destination among the Scandinavian travel-junkies, that offers beaches, desert, traditions, fashionability and adventure, all in the same package!
Visitors from Sweden to the United Arab Emirates have increased, specially since Norwegian has increased its service to up to 26 flights per week. The weather is always pleasant enough and the best time to visit is between October and April when the temperatures are somewhere between 25ºC and 30ºC.
Each capital city in the Emirates is a unique combination of modern lifestyle and tradition and this is exactly what excites and attracts visitors from Sweden. From mega structures to sprawling malls, historic souks to distinguished mosques, each of the seven Emirates has something different and memorable.
We strongly recommend opting for one of the many tour companies offering different options to experience all that the United Arab Emirates have to offer, as the opportunities are so broad and varied.
There is a tour company that invites you to a breathtaking journey through the Emirates, and they are Orient Tours, with presence in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah. They offer a sumptuous experience of culture, history, monuments, natural and man-made developments. You can book unique activities that you’re not able to do anywhere else, with a total focus on the experience – including camel riding, sand boarding, camping, or luxury hotel meals. They even have offers with several hotels. In fact you can send them the ideas you have for your ideal holiday and they will design a package for you based on it and your budget, including accommodation, transport and excursions.
- Dubai City Tour – Through its palaces, city, historic sites and museums.
- Booming Abu Dhabi – including the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world, the panoramic views of its skyscrapers and indulgent food and drinks.
- Sharjah – The neighbour emirate of Dubai, also known as the Pearl of the Gulf, the vibrant cultural capital with all its mosques, markets and architectural wonders.
- Al-Ain – A day tour of the sights of the beautiful Garden City.
- Hatta and Kalba – on the fabulous East Coast with sand dunes and coastal villages.
- Orient Express – through picturesque mountains, the oasis city of Al Dhaid, and a swim in the Indian Ocean.
- Ras Al Khaimah – including Bassata Desert Village, the 19th century Dhayah Fort, retreats and even zip-lining.
- Desert and mountains safaris – where you can drive the dunes, sand board in the desert, visit camel farms, have BBQ and/or stay overnight in the desert.
- Leisure cruises – Take a panoramic cruise and have dinner in its glass restaurant, or take a traditional Arabian dhow boat for a journey with a contrast of the old and new Dubai. Board a sea cruise from Dibba Port on a wooden dhow/speed boat and sail through the beautiful fjords of Musandam.
When one thinks about UAE, you automatically think of Dubai, which is totally natural. It is an iconic place that keeps reinventing itself totally every two years. That way there is always something new coming up. Flight prices fluctuate between 3000kr and 4500kr and the flight time can be around 7 hours with a direct flight.
Dubai is a destination for everybody and one of the safest places to travel, with more than two hundred nationalities living there, it has all the magic of a cosmopolitan country.
A couple of years ago Dubai used to be pricey, but not anymore. So we can say that now is the perfect time to travel to and explore this wonderful place and because of this we would highly recommend a local travel agency with more than twenty years of experience like UNITED WORLD, who are experts in planning individual as well as group trips, finding hotels and aparments in all price categories, transfers, and tours tailored to your interests, whether it’s adventure, history or even golf.
Hotels & Accomodation
Here are some of the hotels we can recommend for different tastes and budgets.
MÖVENPICK HOTEL & RESORT
With six impressive hotels and five star apartments across the Emirates, from Dubai to Jumeirah Beach. Mövenpick Resort offers a huge choice of modern accommodations where you can choose your stay depending on your type of trip.
They offer a free shuttle service and are strategically located, close to beaches, malls, restaurants and many activities within walking distance.
MAJAN ISLAND RESORT & SPA
Located 45 minutes from Dubai with two seafronts, this hotel focuses on nature, wellness and spa services. Inside their complex they have a kids’ club, that includes cinema, games and face painting, which makes it a perfect option for families, who wouldn’t mind having a nice and safe place to leave the kids while parents are enjoying the spa.
Majan Island Resort offers luxury, nature and adventure for an affordable price.
SHERATON SHARJAH BEACH RESORT & SPA
The Sheraton Sharjah Beach is located on Al Muntaza beach, the longest stretch of open beach in the city of Sharjah, close to the border of the Ajman Emirate. The hotel has easy access to the cultural heart of Sharjah and its museums. Both Sharjah and Dubai airports are within easy reach.
It offers a kids’ club, restaurants, meeting rooms and a spa with division between male and female sections.
Sheraton Sharjah is the newest 5-star hotel in Sharjah.