7 May 2024
Community
Community Swedish Culture Weddings

Swedish wedding traditions: the engagement

The warm spring weather marks the beginning of Sweden’s wedding (bröllop) season. Swedes like to do their weddings their own way – some will choose to be married in a church others on a boat, or a field in a converted barn. Related article  Swedish wedding traditions: customs and culture Related article  Swedish wedding traditions: […]

Read More
Community Swedish Culture

The love of fika: kanelbulle & Butterkaka

Ever since my first visit to Sweden, I fell in love with many things Swedish including the beautiful countryside, nature, food and its people. This love at first sight happened over eleven years ago on a sunny day in June when I came to visit one of my closest Swedish friends. I was smitten with […]

Read More
Community Expat Support

Divorce and Child Custody in Sweden | eBook

“Divorce and Child Custody in Sweden”, We cover the first of the eBook series “Survive Sweden”. This eBook provides foreigners with an English description of the divorce and custody process in Sweden. It’s not something anyone plans for but if you suddenly find yourself immersed in the stressful process of divorce or child custody, it’s […]

Read More

Fika | Swedish traditions

For those that are new to the city, here’s a little info on the Swedish FIKA. This is one word that on entering your vocabulary, will probably remain forever:-)

Read More
Community Expat Traditions

Swedish Love | Your thoughts

In the lead up to our Love competition, we have asked people their thoughts on courting Swedish women and Swedish men …

Read More
Expat Traditions Online Stores Shopping

What to buy a man for Christmas

I don’t know about you, but I’ve always found it difficult to buy things for the men in my life (well, except the 19 month old – he’s happy with a stick). Techno-loving Conor Boyd has come to my rescue with his top 10 gifts, which he thinks should satisfy anyone who’s into gadgets, male […]

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook

Swedish Lifestyle: Cherry Jam Recipe

Stockholm lifestyle changes during the summer months when most Swedes are on vacation. We recommend you follow the Swedes lifestyle, slow-down and enjoy what the summer offers. Why not enjoy a sunny day, go outside pick yourself some wild cherries and make jam.

Read More

Surströmming – a fishy affair

The infamous Surströmming or Scandinavian rotten fish, is part of the rich culinary landscape in Sweden … are you brave enough to try it? Our contributor has faced a tasting herself so read more ..

Read More
Community Swedish Culture Weddings

Swedish wedding traditions: dinner & cake

In part 3 of our four part series on Swedish wedding traditions, we look at the Swedish wedding cake and banquet …

Read More
Community Tourist Information

Be a tourist in Stockholm for a couple of days!

The Stockholm card is an excellent way to see the city, especially if you are expecting visitors, as Rachel Dee reports

Read More