19 May 2024
Community
Expat Support Family Parenting

Parenting in a foreign land – Part 2

Lysanne Sizoo looks at multilingualism, schools and some typical character traits of so-called Third Culture Kids (TCKs)

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook

Recipe of the Week: Fårikål

Fårikål literally means ‘sheep in cabbage’ and the secret to getting this dish perfect is simple. Plain ingredients, excellent quality will make your fårikål the best in town.

Read More
Community Swedish Culture

Hot on the porridge: The YLC guide to Swedish expressions

Daunted by navigating the well-filled pantry of Swedish sayings? We’re here to help!

Read More
Creative Arts Lifestyle Music Swedish Culture What's on: Stockholm

The YLC guide to summer music festivals in Stockholm

Summer and music make a perfect combination in Stockholm! Find the festival that best suits your taste!

Read More
Family Swedish Culture Tourist Information What's on: Stockholm

ABBA the Museum: grand opening in Stockholm

Finally – after months of eager anticipation – ABBA The Museum opens in Stockholm!

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook

Recipe of the Week: Pannekaker

Dessert or dinner? Both! These fluffy pancakes might be every Norwegian child’s favourite meal…

Read More
Community Swedish Culture

Swedish Traditions – May: Protests and Pop Music

May marks two bank holidays, one political and one religious in nature, but you don’t need to be devout or a protester to enjoy the pleasure of two days off work! Arguably more popular than either celebration is the chance to cheer on Sweden as it gets ready to host the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö.

Read More
Community General Counselling

Alone, Abroad: Dealing with Loneliness

Many expats experience a period of loneliness and isolation when they settle in a new country. In this article, Lysanne Sizoo, our mental health expert, looks at three underlying reasons for loneliness and the ways in which we can break out of the isolation. In this article, I will be describing three kinds of loneliness […]

Read More
Bars, Pubs & Clubs Creative Arts Lifestyle Music Swedish Culture Tourist Information What's on: Stockholm

What’s On and Where to go: May

Check out the YLC guide to activities in Stockholm for the coming month that can be enjoyed in the warmer weather!

Read More
Community Expat Cookbook

Recipe of the week: Malva Pudding

It was only late last year when I discovered, to my horror, that Malva pudding is not a universally known and loved dessert. Perfect for wintry days curled up next to the fire, this rich and filling dish is without a doubt one of my most favourite after dinner treats. A popular dessert found in […]

Read More