As expats, we often need to send money internationally, whether it’s meeting financial commitments back home, sending small monetary gifts to family or purchasing that overseas property as part of a move.
Your Living City has therefore partnered with OFX to save you both time and money when it comes to international money transfers.
Where the world’s moving for easy global payments
When you exchange currency and transfer it through a bank, you’ll typically be charged a margin of up to 5% above the daily exchange rate. The banks will then often add a hefty transfer fee as well, which many people aren’t aware of.
With a specialist like OFX, you’ll get a quote based on the live exchange rate of the moment and the margin you’ll be charged is up to 75% less than what the banks charge. Even better, Your Living City users can benefit from no transaction fees with OFX.
OFX at a glance
- They’ve processed almost £70bn in international transfers to-date for over 1m clients worldwide
- Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) since 2013
- They employ over 300 people in offices across the globe including London, Sydney, San Francisco, Singapore, Toronto, and Hong Kong
- They send money to bank accounts in 197 countries and over 55 currencies
- They offer 24/7 customer service
Is it difficult to get started?
Getting started is simple – you can register online here and it only takes a couple of minutes.
Of course if you have any questions, you can simply call their dedicated dealing team for assistance 24/7 and best of all, it’s absolutely free to get a personal quote and consultation.