25 Apr 2024
Community
Community Culture

Cosplayers unite at Comic Con Stockholm

Comic Con Stockholm brings together enthusiasts from various different types of fandoms and cosplayers really are at the heart of creating the whole experience. The popularity of cosplay seems to increase year by year and there are more and more individuals donning elaborate costumes, which have been meticulouslyy crafted to pay homage to their favorite […]

Read More
Community Expat Traditions

No Stockholm Halloween without Shockholm

Shockholm was back in Kungsträdgården for the 13th edition of Scandinavia’s biggest Halloween parade. The weather may have offered your typical November gloom and darkness, but the Halloween spectacle offered light and joy that brought smiles to the children’s faces. Here are some of our pictures from the Shockholm stage show and costume contest Swords […]

Read More
Expat Support Health Mental health

Surfing between the known and the unknown

I’ve just uploaded twenty mediocre and imperfect selfies to an artificial intelligence app. It promises to take this base material and turn it into professional gold; sixty headshots worthy of a LinkedIn listing. I am hoping AI will professionalize these slightly scruffy and big nosed ‘Lysannes’ into the therapist you’ve always dreamed of employing. It’s […]

Read More

Breaking free from toxic anxiety syndrome

Our inbuilt survival system doesn’t care whether you’re happy or sad. It just wants to keep you alive. And that’s hard work when we are floating in a collective fear-soup and our brains are overwhelmed. We have two smoke alarms in our brain. These ‘amygdala’ are constantly on the lookout for life-threatening danger. They don’t […]

Read More
Art Culture Networking Swedish Culture

A Decade of Philanthropy Celebrated in Grand Style at the Royal Opera House

The International Philanthropic Society (IPS) marked a remarkable milestone with its 10th Anniversary Fundraising Lunch, held at the illustrious Golden Foyer of the Royal Opera House on Wednesday, October 4, 2023. This star-studded event was not only a celebration of IPS’s decade-long commitment to philanthropy but also an occasion to raise vital funds for the […]

Read More

Navigating Life’s Transitions with Mental Well-being

Being in transit can be hard. I am letting go of one organised and happy existence, the result of hard work and adaptation, to once again move towards the unknown. I am heeding an inner call that trusts the process with more conviction than my own little ego-self feels right now. As I sit here, […]

Read More
Community Shopping

Chocolate dark market

The global chocolate market is a multi-billion-dollar industry. While an exact daily sales figure for chocolate products is challenging to ascertain, it’s safe to say that millions, if not billions of chocolate products are sold daily across the globe. Behind the sweet facade lies a troubling reality that has plagued cocoa production for decades. As […]

Read More
Community Dating Expat Dating Lifestyle

Let’s talk about dating!

I have had the pleasure of talking to a documentary film director, journalist and woman of many talents, Monika Lipanovich. We decided to grab a coffee in the still-summery atmosphere of Stockholm and talk about her up-and-coming Dating project. So, Monika, tell me what is your film about, dating as a topic can be very […]

Read More
Clothing Community Design Fashion & Beauty Lifestyle Networking Networking Shopping

Fashion Week Trade 2023: A Platform for Innovation and Networking

Mark your calendars for a five-day fashion extravaganza as Fashion Week Trade descends upon the Stockholm Fashion District from August 14 to 18, 2023. This event promises an exhilarating program, welcoming all those passionate about the fashion industry to the vibrant heart of style and innovation. Located at the Stockholm Fashion District, Augustendalsvägen 7 at […]

Read More
Community Culture Festivals Lifestyle Networking What's on: Stockholm

Stockholm Pride 2023: A Celebration of Diversity and Equality with Glorious Colors and Love Overflow

The heart of Stockholm resonated with vibrant hues and the spirit of acceptance as the remarkable Stockholm Pride 2023 unfolded from July 31 to August 6. This colorful extravaganza of love and identity welcomed all, spreading a powerful message of diversity, equality, and unity. Organized by the non-profit association Stockholm Pride, this annual festival is […]

Read More