Sweden has so many fantastic opportunities for foreigners living here. OK, these opportunities might be hard to find, sometimes confusing to access, but at least they are there. One of these great services is free university education for all citizens, permanent residents and most holders of a resident visa. Sweden also offers free of charge Swedish classes. I have heard mixed reviews about these classes – some amazing success stories and some complaints. I can’t tell you if these classes are right for you, but since they are free of charge, why not try them out for yourself and figure out if they fit your needs and teaching style.
To help you through the process, here are some details you might need to know..
SFI Registration Guide For People Living in Stockholm
SFI’s Main Office Details:
Svenskundervisning för Invandrare [SFI] Swedish for immigrants
10.30-14.30 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 10:30 to 14:30
106 64 Stockholm
SFI Eligibility Criteria:
- 16+ years of age
- A Swedish Personal number
- Have either a Swedish Residence Permit, Permanent Residence, or Swedish Citizenship
- You intent to live in Sweden for one of more years
- If you plan on signing up for SFI Stockholm, you must live in Stockholm. This does not usually include Nacka, Täby, Solna, Sollentuna, Sundbyberg or Huddinge because they have their own stad. If you live in one of these areas, you must first contact your commune to determine which rules apply to your personal situation.
When you Register for SFI you must bring:
- Your passport of Swedish ID card
- Your personal number
- Go to the SFI in person. Address is Hornsgatan 124, third floor, in Stockholm(T-bana Zinkensdamm)
- If you live outside of Stockholm community – in areas such as Nacka, Täby, Solna, Sollentuna, Sundbyberg or Huddinge – you are eligible to take SFI in Stockholm, but instead must go to your own city’s office
- Make sure you bring you personal number and another piece of identification, such as your passport or ID card.
Again, registering must be done in person.
DETAILS ABOUT SAS, STOCKHOLM UNIVERSITY, AND OTHER OPTIONS COMING SOON.