24 Apr 2024
Community
Community Services

YLC Interview: Ewa Malmsten Nordell, a Photography Explorer

Interviewing different personalities, life begins to change its taste… beauty seen from everywhere, by everyone, from different angles. Enjoying people through their own experience of existence. Tel me about you and the beginning of your career: It wasn’t a dream, it was more of a choice. I was offered a job as a photographer for […]

Read More
Community Culture Lifestyle Swedish Culture What's on: Stockholm

Mosebacke Design District: Another Design & Culture Mecca

As Stockholm Design Week returns on 6 to 12 February with its promise to remain as each year’s most important week for Scandinavian design by filling the Swedish capital’s days and nights with creative meetings, world premieres and hundreds of fantastic events – as thoroughly listed online, make it a point to make a beeline […]

Read More
Expat Support Family Family Activities Lifestyle Moving to Sweden Parenting Pregnancy & Baby

The expat identity

According to social sciences identity is the conception, qualities, beliefs, and expressions that make a person e.g. self-identity   Identity has never been something that has kept me awake at night. I don’t mean the really awful film with John Cusack and Ray Liotta. I mean the social construct that is meant to make a person e.g. […]

Read More
Art Culture Extraordinary Expats

Extraordinary Expat: Virginie Garcia, Photographer of Life

YLC’s Hedir had the chance to interview Stockholm-based French photographer Virginie Garcia. She tells about how she got into photography and what she feels is most important when taking pictures. Can you tell us a little bit about you and your work? I’m French and I live in Sweden! I’m a photographer of life. I […]

Read More
Camera Diaries with Karen Creative Arts Featured

Camera Diaries with Karen – How to take long exposure photographs

I am Karen Pérez Guzmán, a Mexican photographer who’s traveled far from home to the northern lands of the world with my camera under my arm – both as a way of getting work and money, and a way to enjoy and see life differently. Photography is something I have wanted to do ever since my father […]

Read More
Community Family Health Parenting

Top 5 strategies to help children adapt to their world and thrive

We live in an incredibly stressful and distracted world. According to current statistics, 1 in 10 children are diagnosed with a mental illness and data shows that this is on the rise.* Not only do we have this alarming situation with children’s mental health, our world also has many new complex issues that require great […]

Read More
Culture Expat Cookbook

Expat Cookbook: Spicy Peanut & Garlic Lamb with Pineapple & Pomegranate Salad

Just returned to Stockholm from your wonderful winter holiday of leisurely soaking up the sun and surf in the summery or tropical parts of the planet? Then this recipe of lovely intense and refreshing contrasts promises gently sublime memories of the very same exotic scents, flavours and textures of places continually kissed by the steady […]

Read More
Community Galleries

Pictures from our readers during 2016

This is a big thank you to our readers. You made our year! You can still be featured in this gallery. Just tag your photos on Instagram or Facebook with #YourLivingCity.

Read More
Community Expat Support Family Parenting

Baby Talk: Top 10 Tips to Help You Sparkle over the Festive Season!

Top 10 tips to help you sparkle over the festive season: 1.  Smile! This season offers so many opportunities to be social and the warmth and positivity you’ll receive in return is a boost. Even with two hours sleep and a howling baby, smile!   2. Coffee – this cannot be overstated. You’ve moved on from […]

Read More
Culture Lifestyle Swedish Culture

Cookbooks For Swedish Food & Drink Aficionados

The pure joy of having the opportunity of living in Sweden for a couple of years is irrevocably tied to the world’s current fascination with Scandinavian food trends – from dishes rooted in centuries of traditions to the ever evolving new Nordic flavours and textures. There is nothing more heart warming than indulging on a […]

Read More