19 Mar 2024
Couples Counselling
Art Community Couples Counselling Expat Support Extraordinary Expats General Counselling Health Services

Art Therapist Emma Ehrenthal explains Art Therapy

What exactly is art therapy and who is it for? We asked Stockholm-based art therapist Emma Ehrenthal to explain to our readers what it is that she really does. As an artist, I am not great with words, I am a visual learner and I love teaching through experiences. But I quickly learned that it was […]

Read More
Community Couples Counselling Expat Support Health

Expats and mental health: The ‘Second Day Blues’

This week, Lysanne Sizoo explores why many couples experience the ‘second day blues’, when one half returns weary from a trip abroad only to be faced with disgruntled grumbles and a list of chores.   My father was naval officer and my mother a very independent and self-sufficient naval officer’s wife. She told me, “When your […]

Read More
Community Couples Counselling Expat Support General Counselling Parenting

Expats and mental health: Stuck in Sweden?

Lysanne Sizoo on the pain of international partners torn between love for their children and troubles in their relationship.

Read More
Community Couples Counselling Expat Support Family

‘Two’s Company…’: Handling your in-laws

Dealing with the in-laws can be confusing and confounding and the cause of many arguments around the dinner table. In part 2 of her ‘Love in a Foreign Land’ articles, Lysanne Sizoo explores three ways in which you can help each other to create more tolerance and understanding, whilst also setting clear and constructive boundaries. […]

Read More
Community Couples Counselling Expat Support

For better or worse: Love in a foreign land – Part 1

In the first of a series of articles on love in Sweden, Lysanne Sizoopsychotherapist UKCP reg., considers the issues faced by expats when either one or both halves of a couple are in a foreign country. Part 1: At home or abroad.

Read More